- All murals are hand drawn and painted in durable acrylic paint and finished with matt varnish (or water seal for outdoor murals).
- Cost is charged soley for the time taken to complete, making it very cost effective.
- Designs can be achieved with pupil parcipation by using pupils'; creative writing/descriptive writing. For example, in one junior school I painted a variety of aliens based entirely on year 5 pupils' detailed written descriptions of how they thought an alien might look. The pupils thoroughly enjoyed seeing their writing come to life and learned whether they had conveyed their ideas well. I have also used pupils' setting descriptions and stories in a similar way.
- Designs can also reinforce learning. For example, by using characters or themes from a reading scheme that is used in school.
- Interactive murals can involve such things as hard to find small items within the mural, often used for maths or elements within the mural that work on phonic sounds or creative writing. Whatever learning outcome is required it can be tailor made.
- Topic based murals can serve to inspire or inform. I have even painted life size historical figures such as Romans or Vikings that resemble certain members of staff, much to the pupils'; amusement!
Please see Gallery for a full range of examples